From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How reliable is cassandra?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:51:18 GMT
Cassandra is an excellent choice for systems that Can't Lose Data.

 - real single-server durability (set CommitLogSync to "batch"), not
just "hope it replicates somewhere before you lose power"
 - best multi-DC replication anywhere
 - immutable data files mean it's very difficult to introduce corruption bugs
 - SnapshotBeforeCompaction option allows taking a snapshot of all
your data files before replacing them with newer ones, so you can roll
back to just before any compaction (as long as you have enough disk
space to hold the snapshots of course)

-Jonathan

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Matthew Stump <mrevilgnome@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I crazy to want to switch our server's primary data store from postgres to cassandra?
 This is a system used by banks and governments to store crypto keys which absolutely can
not be lost.