From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: write performance thrift interfaces
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:18:03 GMT
Perhaps you're only inserting with a single thread?

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martin Probst (RobHost Support)
<support@robhost.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've tested the write performance on a single and dual node cluster and the results
are strangely poor. We've got about 30 inserts per second which seems a little bit slow?!
The strange about is, that the node's we've used (single-cpu, 3gb ram, single disk) got a
load of 0.02-0.05 while the inserts run. There is no disk/network bottlenecks, no swapping.
The insert-script reads some values from stdin and inserts this values into cassandra. So
it seems thats the used thrift interface are the bootleneck (we've tested php, perl, java,
results a nearly the same). We've used version 0.5.1 and the default config with adjusted
ColumnFamilies.