From Ned Wolpert <ned.wolp...@imemories.com>
Subject Re: Atomic Operations
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:14:04 GMT
I could be wrong, but I would say that even if the thrift syntax gave you a
'get/set' you want, you would still have the 'inconsistency' risk primarily
because of the Eventually Consistency (
http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2008/12/eventually_consistent.html) as
implementation in Cassandra. (No concept of a database lock, transaction,
mutex, etc... right?) (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this)

--
Virtually, Ned Wolpert

"Settle thy studies, Faustus, and begin..."   --Marlowe