From Muhammed Nasrullah <nasrul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto Increament
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 01:37:18 GMT
You replace it with an UUID. In a true scalable distributed system, you
should not have an auto_increment. If you are writing to 10
nodes simultaneously, it becomes near impossible to keep a single
incrementing value being used by the entire system without causing a lot of
write contention.

This is how you generate a Time-UUID in Java:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#working_with_timeuuid_in_java