From Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the limitation of row_count in get_range_slice ?
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:16:56 GMT
the limitation is entirely based on the hardware your using and the
volume of data you are getting back (imo at least) since your
basically restricted by the amount of data you can query and return
within your rpc timeout..  if your name/value's are large then you'll
be able to query fewer then if you that lots of small name columns
with empty values

get_count suffers from the same conditions, if the column parent is
too large the rpc timeout will kill your get count request before
obtaining the count, increasing the configured rpc timeout will let
you pull back more or count for a longer time

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell