From Matthew Stump <>
Subject Re: How reliable is cassandra?
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:42:48 GMT
We are actually fairly write heavy.  User enrollment, auditing, grouping, key maintenance all
involve writing a fair amount of meta data to disk.  If we were performing mostly read operations
then postgres/clustering performance wouldn't be an issue.

On Mar 29, 2010, at 4:49 PM, David Strauss wrote:

On 2010-03-29 17:31, Matthew Stump wrote:
> Am I crazy to want to switch our server's primary data store from postgres to cassandra?
 This is a system used by banks and governments to store crypto keys which absolutely can
not be lost.

This sounds like an LDAP problem. There are very nice LDAP systems
available that support multi-master replication and are commonly used as
key stores. Also, I imagine reads are more important than writes for
you, and LDAP tools tend to be optimized for reads.

David Strauss
Four Kitchens
  | +1 512 454 6659 [office]
  | +1 512 870 8453 [direct]