From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: How reliable is cassandra?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:41:03 GMT

On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Eric Hauser wrote:

> BTW, does anyone from Digg patrol the list?  I'm really interested in some additional
the implementation of atomic counters with ZooKeeper.

I know at least three Diggers patrol the list and one of them is a committer to Cassandra.
Last I heard from my former coworkers at Digg was that ZooKeeper can be more overhead than
wanted when doing locks in a high write environment. I think Ian quoted something obscene
like 100ms+ to get a lock. I've also heard the Python implementation is lacking.

That being said, I've heard lots of good things from many people about ZK.

--Joe