From "Martin Probst (RobHost Support)" <supp...@robhost.de>
Subject Re: write performance thrift interfaces
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:21:58 GMT
How did you mean that, are there some config adjustments, or did you mean the inserting client?

Martin

Am 18.03.2010 um 19:18 schrieb Jonathan Ellis:

> Perhaps you're only inserting with a single thread?
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martin Probst (RobHost Support)
> <support@robhost.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we've tested the write performance on a single and dual node cluster and the results
are strangely poor. We've got about 30 inserts per second which seems a little bit slow?!
The strange about is, that the node's we've used (single-cpu, 3gb ram, single disk) got a
load of 0.02-0.05 while the inserts run. There is no disk/network bottlenecks, no swapping.
The insert-script reads some values from stdin and inserts this values into cassandra. So
it seems thats the used thrift interface are the bootleneck (we've tested php, perl, java,
results a nearly the same). We've used version 0.5.1 and the default config with adjusted
ColumnFamilies.