From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: How reliable is cassandra?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:33:32 GMT

On Mar 29, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Matthew Stump wrote:

> Am I crazy to want to switch our server's primary data store from postgres to cassandra?
 This is a system used by banks and governments to store crypto keys which absolutely can
not be lost.

You might be crazy. PostgreSQL has all sorts of ACLs and other features for locking down various
portions of the system. Cassandra has none of that, that I'm aware of.

That being said, if you're looking for fault-tolerance across data centers Cassandra is probably
a better option. Just make sure you're writing and reading with the highest consistency level
possible.

Finally, you have a really rad last name. I approve.

--Joe