From Matthew Stump <mrevilgn...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-indexing data
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:45:18 GMT
Hi, I have a question about Cassandra's data model I was hoping you guys could help me with.
 Most of our queries are performed against a series of tables containing crypto keys and their
associated meta data.  A key could have any number of identifiable attributes that need to
be searchable: iasn, 64bit key id, 32bit key id, expiration, revoker etc…  From what I understand
I don't believe tagging the same information with multiple keys is supported.  The best that
I could think of was to add key/value pairs in the form "keyid_32_0x73A5DC55:some junk data"
to the row or maintain a separate set of columns that provide "keyid_32_0x73A5DC55:key row
name" mappings and perform two queries.  I'm not a fan of either of these options.  Is there
some other solution that I may have overlooked?

Thanks,
-Matt