From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: Atomic Operations
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:03:51 GMT
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:44:50 -0300 Juan Manuel GarcĂ­a del Moral <juanmanuel@taringa.net>
wrote:

JMGdM> That's exactly what I need, Do you have an idea how can I
JMGdM> implement this through the C++ API?

Sorry, I've only worked with the Java and Perl interfaces.  I'll have to
use Cassandra with C++ later this year (lots of C++ at my company) but
so far I've managed to avoid it.  I'll probably use libcassandra
(http://github.com/posulliv/libcassandra#readme) though, writing raw C++
is not something I enjoy.

Regardless I'd suggest prototyping in a simpler language.  You could use
Perl (Net::Cassandra::Easy or Net::Cassandra) to make sure it works.
What you described is literally 10-15 lines of Perl with N::C::Easy.

Python and Ruby, among others, could also work for prototyping.  Java
could work too, although it's a bit heavyweight for throwaway
prototypes.

Feed the prototype fake data and run a bunch of writers and readers in
parallel.  Once it works, you can invest the time and effort on the C++
implementation, but you'll find the trouble spots much sooner if you
prototype.

Ted