From Ted Zlatanov <>
Subject renaming a SuperColumn
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:45:58 GMT
I find it useful in one particular schema to have SuperColumns with
specific names and rename them sometimes.  Rather than client-side
(read, write, delete) it would be nice if there was a SuperColumnRename
Mutation than encapsulated that sequence on the server side and perhaps
implemented it more efficiently.  Right now I pay a pretty high cost for
the client roundtrips and this would make my writers much more
efficient.  I don't need it to be atomic.

Is this feasible and has it been discussed before?

View raw message