From gabriele renzi <rff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in DatabaseDescriptor.getComparator
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:50:34 GMT
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Oleg Mürk <oleg.myrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> probably 0.5.1 is allowing an invalid query and erroring out when it
>> actually runs it.
>
> I am pretty sure that the same query works OK when I initially start
> Cassandra.
> The problems occur after restarting.

this seems the error addressed by CASSANDRA-915 , as I was saying in
comments to CASSANDRA-914, cassandra manages column family with names
the first time it's started but fails later (I guess when a new file
was already written and it is trying to reopen it)

Try making the CFs UrlItem and UrlItemHeaders and it should go away.

--
blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com