From gabriele renzi <>
Subject Re: updates on hector, a java cassandra client
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:10:51 GMT
On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Ran Tavory <> wrote:
> Hector is a java client for cassandra,
> see , ,

Hey Ran,

> Over the past few weeks several contributors and myself added features and
> since I get asked about it a few times a day I thought I might post a public
> update.

thanks for hector,
we switched to it one or two weeks ago and as of now we're happy,
though I'd have preferred resources to be Closeable instead of having
release_xxx methods.
Hopefully we'll put a couple patches on github soon.

I wrote it in a comment to your original blog post that I guess went
into the spam filter: I am quite sure hector did not build troy :)

> Versions:
> With the help of few folks (thanks Arin and other folks) hector now supports
> cassandra 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and 0.6.0-beta.
> See
> JMX improvements:
> I added a number of jmx counters such as: read/sec or writes/sec, max read
> time in the last 10 seconds, mean write time in the last 10 seconds, stddev
> and others. More here
> Small bugs fixed. Nothing really serious so far, but a few small glitches,
> see
> C# clone:
> Kris and Matt have created a C# clone at
> Thanks a lot guys! I'm told this is
> almost ready.
> Spring and JNDI:
> This is actually in the works (thanks Nathan and Peter, and sorry for slow
> response...) but we'll soon have better support for Spring and JNDI
> Wiki updates:
> I've added a few sections to the wiki
> My rule of thumb is if I get asked something more than once it deserves a
> page. However, I have a backlog... so not all pages are done and I'd
> appreciate help - if you have questions or you're willing to contribute to
> the wiki feel free to step in.
> Contributions are welcome. github is developer friendly, just fork me. If
> you plan a longer term involvement I'll be happy to get more committers in.

blog en:
blog it:

View raw message