From gabriele renzi <rff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: updates on hector, a java cassandra client
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:10:51 GMT
On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Ran Tavory <rantav@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hector is a java client for cassandra,
> see http://github.com/rantav/hector , http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/23/hector-a-java-cassandra-client/ , http://prettyprint.me/2010/03/03/load-balancing-and-improved-failover-in-hector/

Hey Ran,

> Over the past few weeks several contributors and myself added features and
> since I get asked about it a few times a day I thought I might post a public
> update.

thanks for hector,
we switched to it one or two weeks ago and as of now we're happy,
though I'd have preferred resources to be Closeable instead of having
release_xxx methods.
Hopefully we'll put a couple patches on github soon.

PS
I wrote it in a comment to your original blog post that I guess went
into the spam filter: I am quite sure hector did not build troy :)

--
blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com