From John Alessi <j...@socketlabs.com>
Subject Re: Issue with TimeUUID
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:25:30 GMT
But they are different names.  In my example they are:

1077e700-c7f2-11de-86d5-f5bcc793a028
1077e700-c7f2-11de-982e-6fad363d5f29

But Cassandra sees them as the same.
--
John

On Mar 18, 2010, at 7:17 PM, Brandon Williams wrote:

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:12 PM, John Alessi <john@socketlabs.com<mailto:john@socketlabs.com>>
wrote:
I am having an issue where Cassandra doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between 2 different
UUIDs if based on the same exact time, and sorting by TimeUUID.
*snip*
Cassandra doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between 2 different UUIDs if based on the
same exact time, and sorting by TimeUUID.

What am I missing???

Column names must be distinct.  If you insert two columns with the same name, one overwrites
the other.

-Brandon