From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup issue when big data in.
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:17:51 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One sort of related question: given that order of insertions has huge
>> effects on some stores, like BDB (where inserting in key order is 10x
>> faster than arbitrary order), would insertion order possibly have
>> significant effect on Cassandra as well if using such stores?
>
> I'm not really interested in pluggable storage systems, so I don't know. :)

... ?

Maybe I should rephrase my question: is it known that certain pattern
of puts can be significantly faster than others, for same data set? I
did not mean to imply anything regarding work-arounds or such, just
that there may be features underlying storage has that would affect
higher-level performance.

-+ Tatu +-