From "Martin Probst (RobHost Support)" <supp...@robhost.de>
Subject Re: write performance thrift interfaces
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:22:46 GMT
Hi Tom,

no we're not using a connection pool, only pure java on cmd.

Cheers,
Martin

Am 18.03.2010 um 19:18 schrieb Tom Chen:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Are you using a connection pool? I have been able to get about a 1000+ inserts with java
code on one cassandra node with small values(100 bytes).

> Tom
>

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Roger Schildmeijer <schildmeijer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, 30 writes / s sounds a little bit poor.
>
> Maybe you could show your benchmark code? And what adjustments had to be done to the
CF?

> // Roger
>

> On 18 mar 2010, at 19.03em, Martin Probst (RobHost Support) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > we've tested the write performance on a single and dual node cluster and the results
are strangely poor. We've got about 30 inserts per second which seems a little bit slow?!
The strange about is, that the node's we've used (single-cpu, 3gb ram, single disk) got a
load of 0.02-0.05 while the inserts run. There is no disk/network bottlenecks, no swapping.
The insert-script reads some values from stdin and inserts this values into cassandra. So
it seems thats the used thrift interface are the bootleneck (we've tested php, perl, java,
results a nearly the same). We've used version 0.5.1 and the default config with adjusted
ColumnFamilies.