From Peter Chang <pete...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strategies for storing lexically ordered data in supercolumns
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 01:21:41 GMT
My original post is probably confusing. I was originally talking about
columns and I don't see what the solution is.

* "So I was thinking I set the subcolumn compareWith to UTF8Type or
BytesType and construct a key [for the subcolumn, not a row key] *
*
*
*[user's lastname + user's firstname + user's uuid]*
* *
*This would result in sorted subcolumn and user list."*
*
*
Nevertheless, I still don't see/understand the solution. Let's say the
person's name changes. The sort is no longer valid. That column value would
need to be changed in order for the sort to be correct.