From "Waaij, B.D. (Bram) van der" <bram.vanderwa...@tno.nl>
Subject RE: Timestamp for versioning?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:14:40 GMT
Are there any plans to add versioning in the near future to cassandra?

What is the purpose of the timestamp in the current implementation?

Best regards,
Bram

________________________________

	From: 张宇 [mailto:zyxt001@gmail.com]
	Sent: dinsdag 23 maart 2010 14:56
	To: user@cassandra.apache.org
	Cc: Waaij, B.D. (Bram) van der
	Subject: Re: Timestamp for versioning?

	HBase supports the version through the timestamp,but Cassandra not.

	2010/3/23 Waaij, B.D. (Bram) van der <bram.vanderwaaij@tno.nl>

		Hi there,

		Is there already support for doing something with the timestamp? I would like to use it
as a versioning mechanism of the value belonging to a certain key. When i store a column with
the same key, different value and different timestamp, would i still be able to retrieve both
versions?

		Looking at the API I can not find such method, but perhaps I am missing something as I am
new to cassandra.

		Best regards,
		Bram

		This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html