From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject question about deleting from cassandra
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 03:34:11 GMT
Let take Twitter as an example.  All the tweets are timestamped.  I want to
keep only a month's worth of tweets for each user.  The number of tweets
that fit within this one month window varies from user to user.  What is the
best way to accomplish this?  There are millions of users.  Do I need to
loop through all of them and handle the delete one user at a time?  Or is
there a better way to do this?  If a user has not post a new tweet in more
than a month, I also want to remove the user itself.  Do I also need to do
looking through all the users one at a time?

Bill