From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Memtable size and garbage collection in JVM
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 03:44:20 GMT
I am running on a machine with 16 GB of memory.  I am thinking that the
bigger MemtableSizeIbMB, the more data will be kept in memory so there will
be less disk I/O.  Can I eliminate disk I/O all together if all my data fits
inside Memtable?  My application is constantly inserting new data and remove
old ones.  Will keeping everything in Memtable generate so much garbage
collection activity that it would impact performance?

Bill