From Y Aw <yawy...@gmail.com>
Subject Load balancing
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:20:26 GMT
Hi all,
I have a question about load-balancing.

I have easily built a cluster with two nodes, but I am wondering how my
client should connect to this cluster.

- Run queries against one node (but all data will transit through this node
and this way creates a SPOF)
- Run queries against an external load balancer (IPVS for example, but load
balancer should  be known  if a node is down)
- Client will do the job (like memcached)  .. I am using PHP and high level
client (pandra)  is only in 0.1 version... Can thrift handles this point, ie
can I give it a set of nodes to connect to ?

Many thanks