From "Martin Probst (RobHost Support)" <supp...@robhost.de>
Subject write performance thrift interfaces
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:03:42 GMT
Hi,

we've tested the write performance on a single and dual node cluster and the results are strangely
poor. We've got about 30 inserts per second which seems a little bit slow?! The strange about
is, that the node's we've used (single-cpu, 3gb ram, single disk) got a load of 0.02-0.05
while the inserts run. There is no disk/network bottlenecks, no swapping. The insert-script
reads some values from stdin and inserts this values into cassandra. So it seems thats the
used thrift interface are the bootleneck (we've tested php, perl, java, results a nearly the
same). We've used version 0.5.1 and the default config with adjusted ColumnFamilies.

Are there some hints or suggestions?

Cheers,
Martin