From Adam Fisk...@littleshoot.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra error with large connection
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:55:22 GMT
At least on Windows this particular error is quite unique. Oddly,
increasing the maximum heap value *makes it worse.*  The key is the
"native" part of the message -- it's running out of main OS memory
that's getting allocated outside of the JVM.

The overall issue is allocating too many threads. I'm guessing you're
using a cached thread pool. If you decrease the MX value, you'll be
able to create more threads, but you'll still almost certainly hit the
same issue eventually.

-Adam

--
Adam Fisk