From Simon Smith <simongsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra freezes
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:22:42 GMT
I'm still in the experimentation stage so perhaps forgive this hypothetical
question/idea.  I am planning to load balance by putting haproxy in front of
the cassandra cluster.  First of all, is that a bad idea?

Secondly, if I have high enough replication and # of nodes, is it possible
and a good idea to proactively cause GCing to happen?  (I.e. take a node out
of the haproxy LB pool, somehow cause it to gc, and then put the node back
in... repeat at intervals for each node?)

Simon Smith