From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Cassandra data from one cluster to another cluster on a different network
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:14:28 GMT
Just scp the data files over, one per node.  You just need to make
sure that the token on the node you are copying to is the same as the
source token.  if you copy everything from data and commitlog this
will Just Work, since token is stored in data/system.

And of course you will need to tweak the config file on the test
cluster to reflect different host seeds.

I wouldn't want to try to copy data to a cluster w/ a different number
of nodes, though.  It's possible, but you need to know how the
partitioner works to get it right.

-Jonathan