From Weijun Li <weiju...@gmail.com>
Subject Rebalance after adding new nodes
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:41:44 GMT
When you add a new node, cassandra will pick the node that has the most data
then split its token. In this case the data distribution among all nodes
become uneven. What's the right strategy/steps to rebalance the node load
after adding new nodes? Here's one example: I have a cluster of node A, B,
C, D. Now I want to add E and F, after adding the nodes, the data
distribution will change from 1/1/1/1 to 1/1/0.5/0.5/0.5/0.5, is this
correct?

Thanks,
-Weijun