From Weijun Li <weiju...@gmail.com>
Subject nodeprobe freezes when connecting to remote cassandra node
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:41:09 GMT
Hello, got one more issue when I was trying to run nodeprobe to connect to a
remote cassandra node, it freezed for a while then showed the following
error. The jmxremote port 8080 is open, and I tried to  change the port but
it doesn't help. This command works properly if I run it in the same machine
as the node (thus localhost).

Thanks,
-Weijun

bin/nodeprobe --host [hostname] --port 8080 ring

Error connecting to remote JMX agent!
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx;
nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown
Source)
    at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.java:2327)
    at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:279)
    at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
    at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.connect(NodeProbe.java:153)
    at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.<init>(NodeProbe.java:115)
    at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.main(NodeProbe.java:514)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
    ... 10 more