From David Strauss <da...@fourkitchens.com>
Subject Re: Scalable data model for a Metadata database
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:24:31 GMT
On 2010-02-09 16:01, Jared winick wrote:
> I also need to be able to execute queries such as
> “Find all people whose sex == ‘male’ and age >= 20 and age <= 29.”

You can't use Cassandra effectively when the only idea you have of read
usage that you need SQL-style arbitrary criteria on your field. Storage
in Cassandra is fundamentally architected around the ways it will be
queried.

Along those lines, you generally won't be able to get much help from
people on this list in storing your data until you have a very concrete
idea of how you will read it.

--
David Strauss
   | david@fourkitchens.com