From Richard Grossman <richie...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance with Multiple Node Vs Single Node
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:36:50 GMT
Hi,

What the impact on performance to have multiple node ??

The test we run here with multiple node seems a VERY bad performance
comparing to the same amount of data located on 1 single node.
Could you confirm or infirm such statement ?

I mean if the same operation (write or read) take 5-10 times more time when
multiple node than single node where is the problem (communication between
computer) ??. I've read a lot about tuning of memory, disk, io, top, htop
but nothing about networking operation between node. Is there any way to
check what going on regarding node intercommunication ??

In my case all the queries made doesn't use 3% of the CPU nor the read
operation a lot on the disk.
Important I'm not talking about heavy load but on single query.

Thanks