From Wojciech Kaczmarek <kaczmare...@gmail.com>
Subject order-preserving partitioner per CF?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:53:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm evaluating Cassandra since few days and I'd say it has really high
coolness factor! :)

My biggest question so far is about order-preserving partitioner. I'd
like to have such partitioner for a specific column family, having
random partitioner for others. Is it possible wrt to the current
architecture? If not, is it planned?

What I see now is that partitioner is defined in the scope of Storage
tag in storage-conf.xml, not even inside a keyspace definition. It
makes me assume that partitioner setting is per the whole cassandra
cluster.

cheers,

Wojtek