From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra and Spring & Terracotta
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:17:38 GMT
On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 09:16 +0100, Charles Moulliard wrote:
> Is there some utilities classes that we can use to store or retreive
> data from Cassandra (like we have with spring-jdbc, spring-orm,
> spring-jpa, ...)
> ?

Read/write operations are performed using Thrift RPC
(http://incubator.apache.org/thrift), but there are some higher-level
APIs that wrap Cassandra's Thrift interface. The list found at
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientExamples should be pretty
comprehensive.

> Can we compare Cassandra to Terracotta ?

I'm no expert on Terracotta, but I don't see how a useful comparison
could be made.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com