From "Weijun Li" <weiju...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable connect Thrift client to cassandra remotely (connection refused)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:06:39 GMT
Hello,

I installed Cassandra  0.50 and started the instance without any problem.
The problem is: if I run

bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost -port 9160

it worked perfectly.

But whenever I tried to connect from any non-localhost and non-127.0.0.1
address (from other server or same server with domain name), I got
"connection refused", --no matter how I open port, disable firewall or
change port number.

So is there any default restriction in Cassandra that doesn't allow
non-localhost client connection? How can I get Cassandra-cli to work
remotely on an Cassandra instance? Also it seems to have same issue for
nodeprobe.

-bash-3.1# bin/cassandra-cli --host [xxxx-hostname] -port 9160

Exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused

        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:185)

        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.connect(CliMain.java:65)

        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.main(CliMain.java:151)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:180)

        ... 2 more

Thanks,

-Weijun