"Replication strategy may not be changed without wiping your data and starting over."

To start with I want to have all my nodes in a single DC. But over a time of period, nodes will be placed in multiple DCs. In that is it safe to start using "RackAwareStrategy" even if nodes are in a single DC? So, that when I start using multiple DCs, data wiping won't be required.

-Sunil

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Rakesh Sharma <rakrma@gmail.com> wrote:
> f) Can I take backups from each node and merge them on a single node? Or
> it's not at all required?

All you would need to do would be to copy the snapshotted sstables
into the data directory on the target node, but I'm not sure why you
would want to do that.

I wrote http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations to answer the
other questions in more detail. :)

-Jonathan