i use a 64 bit machine and gave 6gigs ram
it runs on native fedora no vm

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Mark Robson <markxr@gmail.com> wrote:
2009/11/28 <mobiledreamers@gmail.com>
thanks i dont have more than 1 node ie just one node operation
so dunno if the timeout increase will help

Presumably this is a test system on a vmware; it may have insufficient memory.

I'd say make sure that your test virtual machine (vmware etc) has at least 1.5G of ram allocated and the Java VM is tuned suitably. Don't run on a 32-bit system as this limits the size of the Java heap too small.

I'm speculating here, but you didn't give us much to work on.

A production Cassandra node should have at least 16G of ram as it's really cheap. Ram doesn't use much power and power is the main consideration for datacentres nowadays. A 64-bit system is necessary as otherwise you'll be limited to a <3G Java heap, which makes having 16G ram pointless.

Mark

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com