From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very simple benchmark - are this typical numbers?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:59:24 GMT
yes and no -- that's about 4200/s, which is typical for only a single
thread but 1/3 to 1/5 of what you'd expect it to max out (on our
quad-core test boxes) when you add client threads

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Timo Nentwig <timo.nentwig@wooga.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just downloaded, installed, start cassandra and ran very simple "benchmark": write
n times something with key==value==testInsertAndGetAndRemove_n (one thread).

> For n==10 million on a 7200rpm HDD (4G RAM - there should have be "reasonably" free mem
however I didn't check) this took 40min (insert()ing one after another). Reading them one
by one in sequence delivers about 100/s, reading in 1.000er batches (i.e. multigetColumn())
takes 5-10s (depending on n, the higher the slower).

> Are this typical numbers for cassandra (0.5)? I actually took the configuration as it
was.