From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removes increasing disk space usage in Cassandra?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 19:01:59 GMT
this is what I was referring to by "the period specified in your config file":

  <!--
   ~ Time to wait before garbage-collection deletion markers.  Set this to
   ~ a large enough value that you are confident that the deletion marker
   ~ will be propagated to all replicas by the time this many seconds has
   ~ elapsed, even in the face of hardware failures.  The default value is
   ~ ten days.
  -->
  <GCGraceSeconds>864000</GCGraceSeconds>