From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra access control
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 21:32:35 GMT
2009/12/2 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> I'd still rather pass something back.  As I said, it allows backends to
> maintain state when it makes sense to do so and can alleviate the
> problem of redundant auth queries in the future.

That makes no sense whatsoever.  Backends can maintain state or not
either way; adding a token you have to pass back makes just adds an
extra layer of mapping token -> real state in the simple case of
token-is-only-valid-per-connection and an unreasonable amount of
complexity if you try to make it valid across more than one.

I'm -1 in the apache veto sense on the token idea.

-Jonathan