From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra access control
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:13:24 GMT
2009/12/1 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> I disagree, why would you want to forbid switching the keyspace?  That's
> turning off a currently working feature.  Also, connections are not
> free, especially across WAN links.

It's a currently working feature that (a) only exists in the first
place because it was less bad than postponing 0.4 until we could add
something like this auth feature, and (b) is of entirely theoretical
benefit in the sense that nobody who wants to keep it actually has an
app using it, to the best of my knowledge.

Let's correct our error, and only add functionality that we know is
really needed -- and even then, only if the benefit outweighs the
complexity price -- rather than waving our hands and saying "maybe
someone will need it, someday."  That way leads to clutter and bloat.

-Jonathan