From Joseph Bowman <bowman.jos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra vs HBase
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 04:12:14 GMT
When I wrote my Why Cassandra article, I didn't get into the why I didn't
choose x platform because I didn't want to start a flame war by doing
comparisons. For HBase, the primary reason I didn't choose it is that while
there were benchmarks of what it could theoretically do, there wasn't any
real real world deployments proving it. My experience as a systems
administrator is that it's best to go with a product that's been proven over
time in real world scenarios.

I'll add to this though, that nothing nosql, even Cassandra, has reached the
point where I feel it's no-brainer to choose it over anything, including sql
based solutions like mysql and oracle. It really comes down to your
requirements.