From David MARTIN <dmartin....@gmail.com>
Subject Is Cassandra suitable for multi criteria search engine
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:12:31 GMT
Hi everyone,

That's a quite simple question : I have a big set of objects (around 3
millions) each containing several fields (> 20). Fields are just short
strings, other can be larger strings (several hundreds characters, not so
huge so), integers, ...

I'd like to be able to look for objects based on one or more fields value or
range.

Is Cassandra as a nosql solution suitable for this kind of need or do I have
to stay stuck to a database (using a denormalized approach) ?

If Cassandra is suitable, what kind of data structure(s) do I need to adopt
?

Thank you.

David