From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: Partition data - advantage and disadvantage
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:53:56 GMT

On Dec 28, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> If each node does a key enumeration, can the results be aggregated
> somehow?  It seems useful to get a list of all the keys across the
> cluster even if it's not 100% accurate.  I didn't see discussions of
> such a feature in JIRA or in the archives of this list.

The results are aggregated AFAIK. If you do a key range and keys are on 3 nodes it'll return
a cohesive list. It's much more tricky to get a list of ALL of the keys across the cluster.
We've found that you need to do many key ranges to enumerate over all of the keys in the cluster.

It's possible, just not wrapped in a simple function.

--Joe