From Thorsten von Eicken <...@rightscale.com>
Subject Re: Persistently increasing read latency
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 04:34:51 GMT
It sounds like the system is limited by bytes/sec not by ops/sec since
the bottleneck seems to be disk bandwidth. It might be helpful to
compute bytes written per sec at the API level, and then estimate how
often each "API byte" is written to disk and read from disk due to
compactions. That would support some quick back of the envelope
calculations to do a performance smell test...
Thorsten