From Sharief <shar...@truesparrow.com>
Subject Re: How to check if nodes are added in ring or not?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:29:48 GMT
Hi Ramzi,

Very true. The mistake was in storage-conf settings, the <ClusterName> must
be unique which I couldn't notice and had a different name for each of the
nodes.

As they say, "This is mainly used to prevent machines in one logical cluster
from joining another". So the name which was not same for all my nodes in
the cluster, actually prevented each of the nodes to identify the other.

Now all my nodes are in the ring as expected.

@Evan: This must be an interesting way to verify a ring. Would have really
helped me in my case. Will definitely use it.

Thank you!
Sharief

The ports are open and nodeprobe ring is able to identify only itself in the
ring.