From "XL.Pan" <pan_xiao...@sina.com>
Subject Re: RE: Why seed can't startup in Bootstrap mode ?
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:06:41 GMT
I think you can avoid this , eg :
A, B, C is seed node and D, E is non-seed. A crash and damage.

1) re-configure the node A to a non-seed;
2) starting the non-seed nood A will re-bootstrap;
3) Though the original seed nodes will decrease 1, any other node, eg D, can re-configure
other nodes, eg B, C, E, as seed nodes.
4) Then the seed nodes in the ring will be :
Node->Seeds List
A --> B, C, D;
B --> A, B, C;
C --> A, B, C;
D --> B, C, E;
E --> A, B, C;

Am I right??  ;-)

------------------
XL.Pan
2009-12-23

发件人:mail.list.steel.mental
发送日期:2009-12-23 17:43:29
收件人:cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
抄送:
主题:RE: Why seed can't startup in Bootstrap mode ?

So, once a seed crash and damage it's data, we cannot wipe the node and
re-bootstrap, because node cannot bootstrap if configured as seed.
Also we can not re-configure node to a non-seed, because that will reduce
total number of seeds,
so eventually all old data will lost(one by one), or there is no seed(all
seed was re-configure to non-seed).

Am I right??