From "XL.Pan" <pan_xiao...@sina.com>
Subject is this a bug?
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:03:03 GMT
Hi, I'm reading the codes of the system. When I read the method StorageProxy::insertBlocking(),
I get puzzled.  Is it possible that the data may still be lost even if the insertion call
returns ok?

Imagin the fowllowing scene :
1) client sends data to serverA with conistency ONE;
2) serverA  selects 3 endpoint A, B, C to store the data;
3) After the serverA successfully stores the data locally, the serverA will tell the client
that it's ok.
4) serverA is crashed after that;
5) Because the data sent to B and C through the network may be buffered (user leve/kernel
level), it may not be received by B or C yet.
6) As a result, it will be impossible for any one to get the data though the client's insertion
is ok.

XL.Pan

2009-12-19