On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Richard grossman <richiesgr@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We've started to use cassandra as a viable solution for distributed database.
I've only define 1 column family simple as that :
     <ColumnFamily CompareWith="UTF8Type"
                      Name="channelShow"
                      FlushPeriodInMinutes="15"/>

The average time i get is ~680 rows/second. The actual performance for our oracle db is ~1400 rows/second.
I know the test is not very accurate because the cassandra and oracle db doesn't run on the same hardware but there is really a big difference.
Is there something to check why it's so slow ??

This is exceptionally slow, can you tell me more about your hardware setup?  How many columns are you inserting per row and how large are the values?  Are you running the benchmark on the same machine?

On a 4 core machine I get several thousands of inserts per second using test/system/stress.py (from another machine) on both 0.4 and trunk.

-Brandon