On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Jonathan Mischo <jmischo@quagility.com> wrote:
The problem I see with this is that you can't have a single connection
accessing multiple keyspaces at once.  I can think of some cases where
having a single connection access and differentiate between two keyspaces
would be advantageous, especially in certain kinds of reporting
applications.  Otherwise, you force the creation and maintenance of multiple
connection pools on the client side, which isn't as resource efficient.

Let's keep it simple.  Forcing multiple connections from a purely
hypothetical use case is a no-brainer tradeoff.  Connections are not
expensive.

Even if we can do it sensibly? Connections aren't hugely expensive, but they're not free, either.