Thanks Chris.

Supercolumn may not be needed but since it's part of the API I need to work it out - there is no application yet, I need to know what we can go with Cassandra so that we can evaluate what we can migrate.

I will follow what you mentioned and see how far I can go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher McKenzie <cmckenzie@iizuu.com>
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Sat, Nov 14, 2009 4:34 pm
Subject: RE: Can someone provide a PHP sample for super column?

Sure.  But let me encourage you to think about your application.  Most ones I
have ran into don't need supercolumns.

First you need to specify the column to be of the type super in the
storage-conf.xml file.

There are a few examples of that.

Then when you use the api to construct things called the column paths, you just
need to assign your supercolumn value.

It's actually rather straight forward with a decent grasp of the data model.
The two most helpful things you can do in php is to print_r the return values
and look at the thrift file... can you describe your application?