Hey—

I’m completely new to Cassandra and I think the wiki and documentation are really well done. Now I’m trying to construct an application to upload data to upload data to my cluster, but I’m having a tough time figuring out the Java API. The client example on the website is a good start, but for some reason the classes Client, ColumnPath, and SlicePredicate are throwing me errors.  I have Cassandra 0.4.2 and I’m developing the application in eclipse on a different machine. I have the thrift library as well as all the Cassandra classes included in the folder /build/classes/org/apache/Cassandra in my build path.

Is the code out of date or am I? Is there a .jar file that I can install to put in my build path? Are there any more examples of ways to build applications in Java for Cassandra? Thank you very much for your time and help!

Mark Vigeant

RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original message.